Annabel Brightling is a London scriptwriter who currently resides in the Midlands. She has written short films, stage plays, features, comics and TV scripts, laced with humour regardless of the genre.
She is a Cohort from the Writing West Midlands Room 204 Programme and wrote episode one for the original television drama, SeaView. Annabel has also completed two rounds as a scriptwriter for the BBC EastEnders Shadow Scriptwriting Scheme.
She is inspired by comedies such as You’re The Worst, London Irish, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Insecure.
Annabel is currently seeking representation.
Competitions, Labs & Programmes
- Gentle Beasts, The Hidden Beast Award - Finalist (2021)
- Independent Film Trust: Elevate Writers Room - Selected (2021)
Graduating for Life
- EastEnders Shadow Writers Scheme - Selected (2021)
Episode #6264, Episode #6328
- Galton and Simpson Comedy Bursary - Finalist (2020)
Graduating For Life
- Writing West Midlands: Room 204 Programme - Winner (2020)
- DA Films Script 2 Screen - Finalist (2019)
For the Grammar Boys
- Finish Line Script - Selected (2018)
Educating the Youth