Annabel Brightling is a London scriptwriter who currently resides in the Midlands. She has written short films, stage plays, features and TV scripts, predominately in the drama and comedy genre. Her scripts centre on social status, complicated relationships, and mental health. She is a Cohort from the Writing West Midlands Room 204 Programme and a finalist for the BBC Galton and Simpson Comedy Bursary.
Annabel wrote episode one for the original television drama, SeaView. She co-wrote a script for the web series, #GoingViral, which was nominated for a Royal Television Society Award. She has also worked as a writer for the BBC EastEnders Shadow Scriptwriting Scheme. Annabel is inspired by single-camera comedies such as You’re The Worst, London Irish, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Insecure.
Competitions, Labs & Programmes
- Gentle Beasts, The Hidden Beast Award - Finalist (2021)
- Independent Film Trust: Elevate Writers Room - Selected (2021)
Graduating for Life
- EastEnders Shadow Writers Scheme - Selected (2021)
Episode #6264, Episode #6328
- Galton and Simpson Comedy Bursary - Finalist (2020)
Graduating For Life
- Writing West Midlands: Room 204 Programme - Winner (2020)
- DA Films Script 2 Screen - Finalist (2019)
For the Grammar Boys
- Finish Line Script - Selected (2018)
Educating the Youth